Thursday, May 21, 2009

my wonderful birthday prezzies


Yeah well if partying hard wasn't enough, my wonderful friends and family gave me some fab prezzies. & they all seem to fall into these categories: 1920's, tee & toasty or nice & bright.

My very thoughtful boyfriend Paul bought me the most amazing camera, i've had my eye on it for some time and now i own a wonderful Nikon 40 automatic & SLR. WOW - so i decided to use it to help write a wee blog all about my prezzies :)

tee and toasty:
my wonderful friend rob drew these awesome tee and toast comics, inspired by different t-shirts designs. i can't believe how much thought and effort went into this present - and apparently there is more comics to come. i can't wait :) check out rob's art on http://rdch.deviantart.com/


very tee and toasty - MEMO TOAST, how crazy is this present from my lovely friend Big Lisa. you push down the lever and a memo note flies through the air, just like a crazy popping piece of toast. so i'll be making many notes to myself just for the excuse to use it! hee hee hee. love it!

My friend roisin's present is also nice and toasty, cosy polka heart pj's. Pajamas are probably my 2nd favourite item of clothing after t-shirts, soo yeah PJ's :)


nice & bright:

Look at this beautiful present from my friend Elaine, even the wrapping was sooo nice - I had to take a photo. It's such a compliment when friends are able to look at something and know you'll love it. Elaine bought this wonderful pouch from a shop on etsy called Glamour Damaged, and the colours are just soo nice & bright :)

I also got this wonderful wallet from Helen, with a beautiful butterfly emblem embossed onto the purple leather. It really is gorgeous, especially with the orange lining. The purple and orange are amazing together.

aren't the colours and pattern on this lampshade fantastic? this was a present from my boyfriend's family. Paul's little sister choose this i am sure, as she knows i am crazy for colours and patterns. it now has a wonderful new home brightening up our kitchen.

who can turn 30 without some bling? but also some colours, these bangles and rings are really going to be fab accessories to lots of outfits, thanks Helen for the colour & thanks Big Lisa for the colour :)A big C for Claire - woohoo


1920's:
Gorgeous isn't it? this lovely jewellery box is from my big sis Emma, along with some other bits and bobs and as it fitted in so well with my 1920's party theme.

And wow - unfortunately this prezzie arrived after my party but my big Brother Damian and his lovely wife & girls, the dog & 2 goldfish. But it is an illustration of a flapper girl/ butterfly from the cover of life magazine. For me it also symbolizes life is gonna start at 30... woo hoo.

Sorry if i forgot to mention you - i honestly got far too much to blog about, but i'm not complaining. I'd lots of lovely baking supplied by my mum and my friend Emer, lots and lots of fizz to help keep the celebrations lasting longer, silly toys, vouchers, spa breaks, money, flowers, perfume & smellies & lots and lots of nice other things. i am a very lucky girl so thank you XXX

No comments: